Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How to Become a Butterfly




Two years into my 20's and I can tell you that it is nothing like I imagined when I was 16. Let 16 year old Kera tell it, I'd be snatched, super wealthy, dating the cutest guys, maybe even stalked by paparazzi and DEF having lunch with Beyonce.

Well here we are at 22 years old. Nothing near snatched as I struggle to maintain a balance Ramen noodle diet. Wealthy in tears and panic attacks courtesy of the toxic relationship between my bills and bank account. Dating here and there  Single as fuck. Struggling for likes on my Instagram pictures. and I haven't become best friends with Beyonce. Tragic right?

Well in my defense I'm not exactly a lost cause.
I've just been figuring it out. Working two jobs almost every day and constantly making an effort to become better than the girl I dreamed of being. The funny thing about dreams and goals is that you never really imagine the steps it takes to get there. Yeah you're aware of the hard work it may take but what about the patience and compassion? The dedication? Discipline?

Sometimes it feels like life is sucking and there's nothing exciting going on but that's simply not true. You are exactly where you need to be in your life. This moment is shaping you into the person you are destined to be. I believe that as long as you are always working to be better than yesterday then you are doing it right. You just have to embrace the present and trust the process.

 I know you want to fly. You want to be great, do great things, live a great life and so do I. But be patient. The beautiful butterfly is the caterpillar who waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment